EXTRA! EXTRA! READ ALL ABOUT EXTRA CREDIT!
-Find any printed mistake that you stumbled upon out in the world (not by searching mistakes on the Internet), cut it out, or take a picture and print it out, so that we can display it on the bulletin board. (+5 on quiz)
-Find a mistake on class materials and politely inform and show the teacher at an appropriate time. (+2 on quiz)
-Submit a fully-polished, revised, and edited piece of writing started during the marking period. Use MLA format and follow all guidelines of professional, formal writing. (+5 on a test)
There will be additional extra credit opportunities added each marking period.
1. Write two paragraphs with opposite tones on the same topic. Use word choice, sentence structure, and punctuation to create the tone. (the second page of the homework assignment) = +5 on quiz
2. Highlight all the commas that are incorrectly used in "The Phantom Hitchhiker." (+5 quiz)
3. Read "The Black Cat" and answer questions. (+5 quiz)
1. Like we did at a color station during The Giver unit, take a photograph of a striking image. Print one color version and a black-and-white version. Write at least a paragraph stating the emotion(s) of each photograph and what emotion or effect is lost or gained when the color is lost. (+5 on a quiz)
2. Write an argumentative essay regarding one of these topics from The Giver. The packet available at that link will discuss in detail the topics and requirements of the essay. (+10 on a test)
3. Writer a letter to someone thanking them for being born. Think about It's A Wonderful Life. (+10 test)
Write a five-paragraph essay, following the format of that genre, on a theme from "Flowers for Algernon." Use the theme packet to assist you in this endeavor.
(+10 on test)
Memorize and recite a Maya Angelou poem to just teachers. up to +10 test
Memorize and recite a Maya Angelou poem to entire class. up to +20 test
(The poem must be approved in advance. Both the poem length and the accuracy of the reading will be assessed in awarding points.)
Complete an additional multiple intelligence project for +10 on a test.
"Walden" Extra Credit: see Reading> Jenna Fox page of Weebly.
+5 Recite prepositions to me privately.
+10 Sing prepositions to me privately.
+15 Recite prepositions in front of the entire class.
+20 Sing prepositions in front of the entire class.
(Points will be added to quiz and accuracy will be taken into account).
Photocopy a page of your independent novel and underline/circle, respectively: (pick one grammar term)
(+10 on quiz)